Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Things I Am Loving Lately

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter with friends and family. 

We had the most perfect day. We started off with blueberry lemon muffins and church. We then went to Barnes and Noble to pick up a few puzzles (our new hobby together) and I also found a few new reads, including The Arrangement which I cannot put down and would recommend to anyone looking for an unpredictable book with dark humor and an honest depiction of real people and their very real problems. 



Later we took a trip to my parents and enjoyed Easter dinner, kite flying, minibiking, the movie Sing (which I loved every second of), and "Head Charades" (a new iPhone app which is a great family game). 



I wanted to share today some of the things I have been obsessing over lately. 


TJ Maxx has done it again...I found this very applicable night shirt for under $10 on the clearance rack. Summer is approaching and I get very hot at night but like the weight of covers on top of me. My solution? Nightshirts. (It is also worth mentioning for humor's sake that I have ruined all of my nice PJs, including those from Victoria's Secret and Liz Claiborne. Everything from bleach to fire has taken a toll on my favorite prints and patterns. I no longer am allowed the luxury of investing in nice pajama sets. 



I got on board the Starbucks "Unicorn Frauppacino" train and tried one. It was very strange, yet weirdly delicious. It is not something I would drink every day but it was worth trying. The tarte mango would taste great spiked on a vacation. 

Speaking of coffee, I am tired of spilling my hot caffeinated drinks on myself in my car by using my poor judgement and choosing to carry open coffee cups into the car. I love my new Lilly Pulitzer mug, and you can purchase it off the Paper Store with 10% off your first purchase. I actually bought mine off of Amazon Prime. They don't make this print anymore! I love that it is BPA free, though a pain to handwash it every time. 



One of my favorite blogs to read is April's "Smidge of This." It is actually listed in my favorite blogs list on the right. Her sister is the owner of Laura Cox designs, a fabulous Etsy shop with handmade necklaces. I am especially in love with her gold dipped oysters and hammered bead necklaces. They are beachy and fresh. I love Etsy and the thought of supporting small businesses, many of which are run by SAH moms. Shop Laura Cox designs here!  

I am on a bit of a spending freeze after buying my new coffee maker and bar cart as a reward for passing my CCRN exam. However, I would love to purchase one of these in the summer!



Lastly, everyone needs to try out my favorite new highlighters. I have been a die hard Too Faced makeup fan by entire life and almost all of my cosmetics are from this brand. Their quality and sustainability is unmatched. Their new Love Light highlighters from the Natural Love collection do not disappoint. They are light and icy. There is one for every skin tone, from dark to light. How many other makeup brands honestly make 3 different highlighters that universally cover every skin tone? I can't leave my house without them, even if I don't wear foundation. I get so many compliments on my "sunny glow." 




I would love to hear what you are all obsessing over lately!
XOXO, 







1 comment: