Friday, October 14, 2016

Hocking Hills Getaway

We recently took a quick trip to Hocking Hills, Ohio and it was a total blast. Who knew Ohio was so beautiful? I always take for granted livingin the Northeastern Great Lakes region and was glad we were able to explore other gorgeous parts of my favorite state. 


We ended up stopping at Devil's Kettle BreweRyan and getting flights. We also brought home a growler. None of these activities were part of the plan haha. The brewery looked like a garage outside but was actually a very surprising and chic bar on the inside. I am sure only locals regularly attend this bar but I was thoroughly impressed with the selection of beers on tap. For such a small brewery, the owner knew what he was doing. I would recommend this little hole in the wall to others, but be warned they only have chips and salsa to snack on. You can bring in your own food. 

Other activities we ended up doing at the spur of the moment included visiting 
 Hocking Hills winery to buy a bottle to go, and stopping at the Tanger Outlets in Columbus on the way home. I also highly recommend the Millstone Tavern right outside of the parks for dinner....we ate there twice. Both times I had the pulled pork and both times it was divine. I am very picky with my pork butt and was impressed.

Hocking Hills itself was a dream. I purchased this selfish stick prior to the trip knowing we would want wonderful pictures of the two of us but did not want a skinny arm in all of my photos.


Currently no longer available, but they have lots of similar styles and brands. 

It was so helpful to have. This stick even has a snapshot button connected to your phone by Bluetooth meaning you don't need to reach up to actually take the photo. It was a cheap investment I highly recommend to capture the magic. We went during theach week and there were not a lot of people around so there is no way we would have been able to take these kinds of photos without it. That being said, I recommend going during the week when it is quiet!



Ash Cave


Rock House


The Cliffs at the 2.5 mile hike at Conkle's Hollow


Cantwell Cliffs (again) 



Conkle's Hollow (again) 




Ash Cave


Rock House (again!) 

There are just way too many photos to share! This is the perfect fall activity for a quick getaway. 

XOXO, 



No comments:

Post a Comment