I have yet another amazing recipe that I stumbled upon while browsing Pinterest. This was a favorite for me because not only was it fast (prep time less than 15 minutes), but it was easy to make a large amount of which means lots of leftovers. This is a key component when it comes to making dinners for one. The last thing I want to do is prep a meal for myself every day of the week, so I love when I get a meal that warms up well. This Hasselback stuffed chicken warms wonderfully in the microwave because all of the juices keep the dish moist.
One thing that I did add to this dish was a quick and simple touch. I marinated the chicken in Italian dressing for a few hours prior to making the dish. It gave the chicken extra flavor and added to the moistness of the dish. Also, for added moisture place a baking dish half full of water on the bottom rack of the oven while you bake.
I unfortunately forgot to take a photo of the "after" dish, but you get the picture...it is delicious.
This recipe was borrowed from Walking on Sunshine Recipes, which is a fantastic blog for foodies.
2 chicken breasts
Sliced mozzarella cheese
Grape tomatoes; sliced in half
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
2 teaspoons olive oil
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut slits across the chicken breast about 3/4 of the way through the chicken breast being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Depending on the size of your chicken breast, you're going to want around 6 to 8 slits per chicken breast.
- Stuff each slit with a slice of mozzarella cheese, half a grape tomato and a basil leaf.
- Place chicken breasts in a baking dish that has been coated with non-stick baking spray.
- Brush each chicken breast with olive oil.
- Sprinkle each chicken breast with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 160 degrees.