Friday, February 10, 2017

L'Occitane Treats



I recently stumbled into a L'Occitane boutique while in Pittsburgh and decided to stop in. I have heard so many wonderful things about their skincare items based on organic farming and the elements of nature that benefit and produce a youthful appearance. Will and I ended up purchasing a few items, and we ended up falling in love with quite a few of their products. I just wanted to share some of my recent favorites! You can shop them all by scrolling below.


1. The L'Occitane shea butter based bar soaps are unbelievable. I have used body washes for years, believing that they "lather better." I was surprised to find out after Will convinced me to give bar soap a try again that the bar soap lathers far better and I did not need to reapply to my loofa. My skin felt cleaner, smelled fresher and I felt far more hydrated. I know this bar will last me a while, and the milk scent is delicious. The lavender scent is also so refreshing and I love how the aroma makes me feel more relaxed prior to a night's rest. 

2. The small tin of 100% shea butter is delectable. I wish I had known about this stuff sooner. You can use it on your lips, scaling legs after shaving, super dry patches on your face, to tame eyebrows and for frizzing hair. It is thick and soothing without being greasy. I have read about the benefits of shea butter for years, including how it reduces stretch marks for pregnant women. I think this would be too difficult to apply graciously all over your body, which is why I purchased the 25% shea butter body cream. 

3. The Ultra Riche Body cream is incredible. It is hydrating and has the "greasy at first" feel but quickly absorbs into your skin. I recommend putting this on right after a shower and before enjoying outdoor activities like skiing or sledding that you know will strip your skin of moisture. 

4.  The hand cream bar favorites are a cult classic for any beauty bizarre. As a medical professional, I wash my hands all day every day even on my days off. I am a self proclaimed hypochondriac. I am also a weightlifter, and deadlifts quickly tear apart my hands, rip off calluses, and leave the look of distress and hands that have aged far beyond how old I actually am. I am so excited to start using this on a regular basis especially before bed. I used to have to use A&D ointment with socks over my hands (I am not joking) in order to hold in moisture on my poor cracked hands. I wish I had known about this years ago. 

5. Will is a huge fan of the hand gels and lip gel, which goes to show that that skin care is not just for women. In fact, it melted my heart when he accompanied me into the store and ended up loving some of the products as much as I did. The hand gels have a calming and cooling effect. I think they soak up quickly and have just enough moisture for those who don't have dry, cracked and bleeding hands. The lip gel has the same wonderful effects. 

6. I have not actually tried the L'Occitane Immortelle eye cream or Precious Night cream as of yet because I want to finish out my Neutrogena Night Cream. However, I am so excited to give it a try. After giving both products lots of research, I determined I had read enough good reviews to give them a shot. I love the concept of all natural skin care and have found over time that some products are worth the money. I am still going to stick to my Neutrogena day cream no matter what because I love that it has a mattifying effect under makeup and also includes SPF. I want an eye cream that is going to reduce fine lines, puffiness and dullness which are all victims of a chronically overtired nurse. I have read that the night cream and eye cream work best paired together. The theory is that the Immortelle flower has anti-aging effects with its natural luxurious and longevity producing results. 
I know that the Neutrogena night cream that I currently use has glycerin and multiple vitamins, but I still find my nose scaling and the need for extra exfoliating on my forehead. I hope after a few months of the Immortelle collection I can see a difference in my skin. I will definitely follow up. 

What is your favorite night cream? Have you used and loved L-Occitane products? 

XOXO, 


No comments:

Post a Comment