Tuesday, September 13, 2016

What to Watch on Netflix

On nights off by myself, there is not much to do except truly enjoy doing absolutely nothing. 
I have engaged in the ever-infamous "find someone you know and steal their Netflix password" game, and have found a few movies which were worth the watch. Some were of a better caliber than others but overall I didn't feel any were a waste of my time and a number of them were emotional tear jerkers. I often find that I stick to relatively well-known movie titles on Netflix because the small budget films are often disturbing and beyond weird. If there is one blockbuster actor in the movie I am more likely to watch the show. I find that TV shows are a safer bet on Netflix and Hulu for that matter. 


1. Armageddon 

This was most definitely one of the best movies I have seen on Netflix lately. It will have you crying, and the soundtrack definitely makes the entire movie a more emotional experience. The filmography was brilliant with some stunning effects considering when the film was made and how far things have come since then. 


2. World Trade Center 

I admit, I cannot stand Nicolas Cage. This is my own personal opinion, but I do not find his acting convincing at all. However, the movie was moving in itself based on the accurate depictions of what actually happened on that September Day we will never ever forget. 


3. Frida 

I thought this movie was brilliant. Different, dark, and just brilliant. This movie did the biographical depiction of Frida's painful life justice. 


4. Cruel Intentions 

Though this was a very riveting and concerning watch, I couldn't believe how twisted it was and could not stop watching it once I started. Definitely not a family watch, but a great one nonetheless. 


5. Holes 

I love this movie, and I still stick to the belief that this is one of he most accurate remakes of a book yet. That being said, go read the book. It is well worth it. 

What movies are you loving on Netflix lately? 
As far as TV shows go, I recommend How I Met Your Mother, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Parks and Recreation, the ever famous Grey's Anatomy, and The Office. 

XOXO, 




No comments:

Post a Comment