Sunday, December 18, 2016

Sephora Beauty Haul


I had a recent trip to Sephora, mostly because I needed a refill on my mascara but also because I love walking the mall during the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. I ended up walking out with quite the haul which was not my intention at all.

 I apparently had done most of my shopping at Sephora over the course of the year rather than Ulta which meant that I was bumped up from a Beauty Insider to VIB Status. This means that in 2017 I will get a free $45 makeover, free shipping and 10 percent off my next order, and extra discounts when Beauty Insiders get little or no discounts at all. Honestly, it might be worth it to do most shopping at Sephora because when you reach 100 points at Ulta you receive a lousy $3.50 off your order. 

I am so excited to share with you some of the new products I tried and some of my tried and true old timers. 



Philosophy Microdelivery Detoxifying Face Mask 

I found a travel size option of this in line after in search of the perfect travel mask to tackle blackheads. This duo is absolutely fabulous. While the charcoal is being activated by step two of the mask, your face has a wonderful tingling sensation similar to pop rocksin your pores. My skin was so soft after, and while my pores were not completely clear, the "black" appearance of clogged pores, especially in dilated areas on my cheeks and side of my nose, were diminished. 




Sephora Rogue Gel Lip Liner

I have been using this lip liner for a while. It glides on easily and sticks for a number of hours, provided that you don't wipe your mouth during a meal. For the price,  it is a great buy and comes in a variety of colors. My favorite is Creme de la Creme 04. 



Hands down, the BEST mascara. And it is waterproof. I have tried every mascara you can purchase from Ulta and Sephora, drugstore and high end. This is the mascara that lets you layer and layer without clumping. I swear by this. Better than Diorshow or Benefit even.


NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil

This is the second free trial of NARA Velvet Matte Lip Pencil, and I love it. It has long wear without patching and fades evenly. I have had many compliments every time i wear it. 



 Too Faced Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer

Too Faced makeup has remained a cult favorite for me. The cost is offset by both the quality and how long lasting the products are. I usually get six months out of their liquid products and more for shadows, blushes and bronzers. This is going to be a new product for me and I have not actually used it as of yet, but I have heard great things and there is 2.5 times as much primer than in the Urban Decay options. I cannot wait to report back. Hopefully this will get me through more 12 hour shifts without anything sliding or smudging off  

Lastly, while the ESTéE Lauder Starter Set is not what is exactly pictured above, I could not find this option online. I think it might only be available in stores. I am a firm believer in starting to take care of your skin early. The Estee Lauder Night Repair is something I have been using for years now, and I swear it has kept my skin youthful through a dry work environment and many Northeastern winters. Not to toot my own horn, but I have received countless compliments on the radiance of my skin since I have started using this product. Rather than spending a fortune on the 1 oz jar of this product alone, this set includes a 1 oz jar, a night eye cream and also a face restoration pot. I would recommend this to anyone, especially as a stocking stuffer.


XOXO,


No comments:

Post a Comment