Tuesday, January 3, 2017

What I Am Loving Lately

As the holidays pass and the glitter of Christmas fades, the winter blues are sure to set in especially since the cold weather will be with us for (gasp!) many months still. I am excited to share what I have been loving lately and what is keeping me excited for warm weather! 

One of my goals in 2017 is to continue to declutter my life. I would not consider myself a hoarder, but I do tend to cling to knick-knacks and things that I am emotionally attached to. While I refuse to throw out scrapbooks, notes between friends from middle school, my newborn sunglasses and other items of similar value, I am making it a point to get rid of things that I simply do not use anymore. I found this list on Pinterest which is a great guide to beginning Spring cleaning a little early. I used it along with a giant black trash bag as I began to tear through all 1,200 square feet of my life and am proud that I walked away with a black trash bag of, well, trash, and another black bag with gently used donations. 


Additionally, Amazon Smile is a new program that I have yet to try out but am excited to give a chance to. This includes the ability to print out a free shipping label after you have received your and Amazon will send your empty box filled with gently used items to the nearest Goodwill. A great way to give back and declutter! 


Too bad the holidays are over, because everything I have been loving lately is plaid, plaid, and more plaid. Unfortunately, my current decor (except for my office) is consistent with a navy, white and nautical theme which completely eliminates my ability to tinker with other patterns. The next time I move I will leave room for other options, ie. a blackwatch plaid guest room. 


Last year Will and I enjoyed taking a gorgeous and very memorable road trip to Rhode Island to visit very dear friends of ours. I can't wait to return and see them this upcoming summer. My Pinterest is plastered with beautiful colonial homes and it is making me nostalgic for the coast. 

What have you been loving lately? 

XOXO, 



No comments:

Post a Comment